Shipping: Domestic and International Shipping Policy
- All Shipments
- Domestic Shipping
- International Shipping
- VAT, Duties And Taxes
- Importer of Record
- Minimum Threshold Countries
- Shipping Insurance & Signature Required
- Shipment Tracking
- Customs Inspections
- Our shipping department will always send your product as “Signature Required” to all of our customers, both Domestic and International customers.
- All orders both Domestic and International Shipments will be shipped via Fed Ex.
- Gem On Jewelry insures your product at the entire purchase price. Direct Signature is required via FedEx within the United States both Domestic and International Shipments.
- All Gem On Jewelry is shipped in a beautiful cream colored gift box. Your purchase is secure within the appropriate FedEx.
- You will be able to select a method of shipping at checkout.
- The time when you place your order and the time when it will ship depends on the time and day you placed the order. Within your shopping cart, you will be able to choose International Shipping and the county of choice. We ship out at 4:00pm EST daily Monday-Saturday.
- All Gem On Jewelry shipped within the United States is insured free of charge.
- Your shipment should be inspected by you when receiving it and should the package have breakage or tamper, please notify us at email@example.com. Please see our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee here for information regarding damage from shipping and returns. Your tracking number is located on your completed order email when it ships.
- Overnight and Saturday delivery is available for an additional fee, please choose the appropriate shipping option during checkout. If your order is time-sensitive please let us know in the comment field of your order. Not all items are available for next-day arrival.
Gem On Jewelry will assist you with planning your international shipment to ensure it arrives to your doorstep. We are excited to announce that we now ship to 45 countries around the globe. Packages will be sent via Fed Ex and are subject to local customs, duties and taxes. Delivery times vary based on location. VAT, Duties, Taxes and Custom Fees
Importer of Record?
- VAT (Value Added Tax) is a tax charged on imported goods and services. The VAT is calculated as a percentage of the customs value plus the duty paid. Some countries have thresholds.
- Duty and VAT are then calculated as a percentage of the value of the imported goods, consisting of the product value and the freight & insurance costs based on your destination country requirements.
- The import duty is calculated as a percentage of the customs value of the goods.
- The customs value is made up of:
- price paid for the goods (sales tax included);
- insurance cost;
- shipping cost.
- If you are importing into the UK, duty and VAT are normally due when a minimum value threshold of £15 is reached. Duty is not paid on consignments shipped within the EU.
Minimum threshold countries
- For shipments to all international destinations outside of the United States, the recipient/customer is “Importer of Record”. The recipient/customer must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country. Title and risk of loss for items ordered will transfer to the recipient upon delivery to the destination country. For shipments to the U.A.E. and China, title and risk of loss for items order transfer to the recipient upon pick up or delivery in the U.A.E. and China. These charges are always the recipient's responsibility. The customs office of the destination country will contact you directly to arrange for the payment of any charges that may be due. For instance, FedEx may pay an advance fee when countries require that duties and taxes be paid prior to customs release or prior to certain items clearing customs. In these instances, FedEx will assess an Advancement Fee surcharge that will be billed to the party designated to pay duties and taxes.
- In all cases, FedEx is chosen by Gem On Jewelry to act as the clearance broker. In the event that the recipient/customer does not provide payment for all duties, taxes, customs or additional fees, FedEx will not release the product to the receipient/customer. The product would then be returned to Gem On Jewelry, LLC. A refund for the product will be credited back to the customer less the shipping fees incurred by Gem On Jewelry to return the product back to inventory.
For imports into the EU, there are minimum thresholds below which duty is waived. Duty is not charged if either:
- Should the total value of the goods (not including shipping charges or insurance) not exceed £135 (€150, or equivalent in local currency), or the amount of duty payable on a commodity, does not exceed £9 (€10, or equivalent in local currency), neither duty nor VAT is payable if the total value of the goods (not including shipping charges or insurance) does not exceed £15.
Shipping Insurance & Signature Required
- Gem On Jewelry, LLC provides insurance coverage to customers based on the purchased value for all orders shipped internationally. A fee of 0.20% of the value of your order and will be applied during the checkout process, except for orders to the U.A.E. and China. The shipment is then protected when it leaves Gem On Jewelry, LLC to when it arrives at your door. This policy is an agreement between the customer and the insurance company. Details about the insurance company and claims process will be provided to you, following your purchase, in your order confirmation email. For questions regarding insurance coverage for shipments to the U.A.E., please contact Gem On Jewelry, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org We that you track your package through fedex.com to ensure that someone is available to sign for your delivery. Please note that the package is no longer insured once it is left at the delivery location.
- Gem On Jewelry notes international shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities. FedEx Declared Value Advantage service coverage is provided up to a maximum of $50,000. Additionally, information about your order, shipment and products contained therein may be communicated to our shippers and the customs authorities as part of the customs clearance process. The customs office of the destination country may impose customs fees, import duties, taxes, and other charges to your international order where applicable. These additional charges required for customs clearance are the responsibility of the recipient. In some circumstances FedEx is required to pay certain duties and taxes, in advance, on a customer's behalf. The customer is also responsible for determining that products can be lawfully and legally imported into the destination country.
- The arrival time of shipping for International Shipments outside of the United States can be tracked at www.FedEx.com determined by the Fed Ex tracking number. This is located on your purchase confirmation email.
- Estimate times of international shipping vary according to customs clearance in your country.
Please see our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
. Terms and Conditions updated September 24, 2015